Private Tours from Punta Cana
Chartered catamaran for a special occasion
A private flight to Cayo Levantado
Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana
A cultural day out, exploring the capital city, the oldest city in the Americas and whose colonial zone has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Visit the house built by Columbus, the Cathedral and see the Christopher Columbus lighthouse, the explorer’s final resting place. Soak up the atmosphere of the oldest street of the new world “Calle las Damas” and experience a Dominican market where the bargains are endless & bartering is fun. Our tour includes:
- Three Eyes Caves, nowadays a monument comprising three lakes where Taino Indians used to live.
- Entrance to Alcázar de Colón (Columbus house),
- Museum of the Royal Households, in colonial times this was the governor's palace, and up to 1947 during the dictatorship of Trujillo was the presidential palace
- National Pantheon: built in 1714, the final resting place of many Dominican heroes. In colonial times this was a church belonging to Spanish Jesuits
- Walk along Calle las Damas (The oldest street in the New World, dating back to 1502. The wife of Viceroy Don Diego Columbus, son of Christopher Columbus, used to walk here.)
- Cathedral María la Menor, the first cathedral in the Americas, built 1523 to 1540. It was here until 1992 where the remains of Christopher Columbus lay in state
- Panoramic view of Ozama Fortress, the oldest military monument in the Americas, one of the first monuments to be constructed in the colonial city.
- External view of the Presidential Palace
- Columbus Lighthouse, a large monument in the form of a Latin cross, the final resting place of Admiral Christopher Columbus
- Mercado Modelo (handicrafts market)
- Free time for shopping in El Conde street
- Lunch (excl. drinks) in El Conuco restaurant
- Private van with a/c and uniformed driver from start to finish
- English-speaking guide during your time in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo: Alcázar de Colón
Santo Domingo: Cathedral María La Menor
(This description of a private tour to Saona would be for small groups of up to 20 persons, and you have the option of getting to/from Saona by private speedboat just for your little group) or on a large catamaran with many other daytrippers. Click for a truly exclusive private catamaran tour to Saona
Island for larger groups)
Escape to Saona Island, a protected national park, universally loved for its powdery white beaches and serene turquoise waters. We embark on our speedboat from the picturesque fishing village of Bayahibe. On the island time to relax under a palm tree or bathe in the crystal-clear waters, complete heaven! Lunch (included) will be served on the beach, and includes refreshments. On the way back to the Bayahibe beach, we make an exciting stop in the “natural swimming pool”, an area of open sea where the water is only waist-deep, and where one can see many starfish. This is a truly exclusive day out and lets you experience the finest of Caribbean beaches. Pick-up from your hotel at about 7:30 am. Daily.
Saona Island by helicopter
For couples of families, Cocotours now offers private tour by helicopter to Saona, including:
- pick up from your hotel in Punta Cana by van and transfer to local heliport
- helicopter flight to Saona
- glass of champagne, and beer, per person
- one hour of free time on Saona to enjoy the beach etc
- return flight to Bávaro and drop off by van at your hotel
This tour is operated daily subject to availability.
Higüey & Altos de Chavón (half-day)
Higüey is the nearest population center to Punta Cana, and the capital of La Altagracia province. Most famous nowadays for its cathedral La Basílica which houses an historical painting, brought to the town by Spanish missionaries in the 15th century, and which attracts pilgrims from around the world. Our tour includes
- Panoramic view of the rural town of Higüey
- Visit to the Basílica
- Drive to Altos de Chavón, the perfect recreation of a 16th century Mediterranean village, build overlooking the Chavón river
- Visit to amphitheater which has been host to concerts by such stars as Frank Sinatra, Elton John amongst others.
- Chapel and museum at Altos de Chavón
- Panoramic view of Chavón river which has been used as a movie location
- Time for shopping in the boutiques in Altos de Chavón
This tour can be conducted in the morning or afternoon. Pick-up from your hotel at 9 am/2 pm. Daily except Sundays.
San Pedro de Macoris & Cueva de las Maravillas (half-day)
Visit to the historical provincial coastal city of San Pedro de Macoris, approx. 50 kms east of Santo Domingo. Once famous for being at the heart of the country’s sugarcane industry and for having a bustling cosmopolitan port and influx of migrant workers from other islands, nowadays San Pedro is known for its renowned university, as well as being the birthplace of many talented players in the Major Leagues. Our tour includes:
- the Barceló Macorix rum factory
- walk through the downtown area and central square
- underground cave complex Cueva de las Maravillas (out of town) with pre-Columbus paintings
- time for shopping in San Pedro
This tour can be conducted in the morning or afternoon. Pick-up from your hotel at 9 am or 1:30 pm. Monday to Friday.
Questions from our customers:
"Are you able to quote a private tour to the Pirates baseball academy?" Yes, it would be a pleasure.
Cocotours airport transportation is bookable online. For a quotation or to book live, just click on the button below:
Alternatively, in the event that you wish to enquire about multiple transfers with different numbers of passengers or have a special question call us toll-free on +18008538698
, or feel free to complete our enquiry form