- 27 waterfalls at Damajagua with/without Puerto Plata tour
- Whalewatching in Samaná Bay (from 15 January to 15 March only)
- A fun day out on Playa Grande beach with a visit to the Gri Gri Lagoon in Rio San Juan
- Cayo Levantado aka The Bacardi Island
- Puerto Plata city tour (1/2 day)
- Sosúa, Cabarete & Shopping (1/2 day)
- Ziplining at the Monkey Jungle
- Jarabacoa Alps Adventure
- Santo Domingo City Tour (1 day)
- Santo Domingo City Tour (2 days)
- Santiago City Tour
- 1-Day tour of Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete
- Deepsea fishing from Sosúa beach
Santo Domingo City Tour from Puerto PlataA cultural day out, exploring the capital city, the oldest city in the Americas and whose colonial zone has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Visit the house built by Columbus, the Cathedral and see the Christopher Columbus lighthouse, the explorer’s final resting place. Soak up the atmosphere of the oldest street of the new world “Calle las Damas” and experience a Dominican market where the bargains are endless & bartering is fun. Our tour includes:
- Three Eyes Caves, nowadays a monument comprising three lakes where Taino Indians used to live.
- Entrance to Alcázar de Colón (Columbus house),
- Museum of the Royal Households, in colonial times this was the governor's palace, and up to 1947 during the dictatorship of Trujillo was the presidential palace
- National Pantheon: built in 1714, the final resting place of many Dominican heroes. In colonial times this was a church belonging to Spanish Jesuits
- Walk along Calle las Damas (The oldest street in the New World, dating back to 1502. The wife of Viceroy Don Diego Columbus, son of Christopher Columbus, used to walk here.)
- Cathedral María la Menor, the first cathedral in the Americas, built 1523 to 1540. It was here until 1992 where the remains of Christopher Columbus lay in state
- Panoramic view of Ozama Fortress, the oldest military monument in the Americas, one of the first monuments to be constructed in the colonial city.
- External view of the Presidential Palace
- Columbus Lighthouse, a large monument in the form of a Latin cross, the final resting place of Admiral Christopher Columbus
- Mercado Modelo (handicrafts market)
- Free time for shopping in El Conde street
- Lunch (excl. drinks) in El Conuco restaurant
Whalewatching in Samaná Bay (Jan-Mar)Early morning departure from the hotel for a day full of adventure in Samana. A unique opportunity to observe humpback whales in their natural calving and mating grounds. Listen to the male humpbacks solitary courting song and witness incredible displays of flippering, tail bobbing and breaching by the most active species of great whale in the Atlantic. On board every trip, a marine mammal specialist narrating and answering questions. An experience of a lifetime, not to be missed.
Cayo Levantado and Samaná PeninsulaThe Bounty Hunters came in search of Paradise, and found it on Cayo Levantado. This jewel of a tiny island lies just off the Samaná Peninsula and is our destination for a day of pure escapism. The sand is white and powdery, the turquoise waters are crystal clear and perfect for snorkelling or gentle swimming. A delicious Dominican lunch is included! A fantastic day-out, not to be missed!
Our tour includes:
- Scenic drive along the Atlantic coast to the peninsula of Samana
- Arrive Samana town
- Speedboat ride to Cayo Levantado aka Bacardi/Bounty Island
- Time for bathing on beach
- Lunch on Cayo Levantado (excl. drinks)
Dominican Alps & JarabacoaExperience a completely different side of the island, combining adventure in Jarabacoa in the Dominican Alps, with the highlights of Santiago, the country’s second city. This is a day of spectacular mountain scenery, green valleys, clear streams and tumbling waterfalls. The highlight of the day is the ride on horseback or by jeep (you decide!) to the towering Baiguate waterfall with an opportunity for a cooling dip in the large plunge pool. The tour includes:
- Visit to the waterfall Salto Baiguate which is reached (as per your preference) on horseback or in jeeps
- Time to bathe under the waterfall
- Lunch in Rancho Baiguate
- Visit to the ecological path and butterfly garden
- Orientational tour of Santiago through the principal downtown streets and a visit to the Monument, the best-known landmark of Santiago
- Cigar factory visit
Deepsea Fishing from Sosúa beachThis is a great way to spend a morning or afternoon, we'll pick you up from your hotel/villa and take you to Sosúa's pretty public beach where you board a tender which brings you to the deepsea fishing boat where you'll spend the morning or afternoon on the deep blue sea some miles offshore.
Sosúa, Cabarete and Shopping (half-day)These two picturesque beach destinations on the Atlantic coast are a mecca for both sun-lovers and watersport fanatics alike.
Our half-day tour starts with a panoramic tour of Sosua with time to explore its pretty horseshoe-bay beach and crystal-clear water. Later, after only a short 10-minute drive to Cabarete, ample time to walk the beach, admiring the windsurfers and kiteboarders from afar, or do some boutique shopping.
Located between Sosua and Cabarete, 9 km inland up in the hills, Monkey Jungle offers something for every age. Open 7 days a week, 364 days a year, this 280-acre working farm provides a 4,500 foot ACCT Certified Zip Line with 7 stations and a free fall fan descender dropping almost 60 feet into an ancient cave.
You will also tour a five acre botanical garden located in an old grotto, with 45 squirrel monkeys posing for pictures, sitting on heads and shoulders, without fear of humans. A large enclosure houses rescue capuchins who entertain and provide countless memories.
This tour can be conducted in the morning or afternoon. Pick-up from your hotel at 9 am/1 pm. Daily except Sundays.
Ocean World Dolphin SwimHave you ever dreamed of hugging, dancing, petting and swimming with a dolphin. During this 30-minute encounter, you will understand why this program is the most popular at Ocean World. This is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get close and personal with these amazing intelligent marine mammals. You will end the session with an amazing dorsal-fin in tow as they pull you through the water.
Prior to the encounter, you will attend a short classroom session, teaching you all you need to know about these wonderful creatures. Professional and highly trained staff are on hand throughout the session to make sure you have an unforgettable experience.
If you want to spend even more time with the dolphins, then you can upgrade the encounter to a Royal Dolphin Swim - this is an hour-long session, with the first 30 minutes in the deep water area, followed by another 30 minutes in the beach area, allowing you to interact up close and personal in their environment. You will play ball with the dolphins, enjoy a pectoral ride and a foot-push on a boogie-board!
Bring swimwear, towels, hi-factor sunblock, spending money to buy any t-shirts or souvenirs and photos and your camera.
River Rafting in Jarabacoa
This is the tour for the adrenaline junkies among you! This is an exhilarating experience to get the adrenaline pumping while on vacation with us here in the Dominican Republic!